A person took the name of Rasulullah Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam mockingly. His face turned skew and remained like that. That unfortunate evil one came to Rasulullah Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam and said: "Pardon me, as you have the gift of special knowledge from Him.”
Maulana Rumi says:
"When Allah Ta’ala decides to bring disgrace upon someone, He causes him to incline towards mocking the saintly one. “
This evil inclination also is a consequence of some other sin of his that he begins to taunt the righteous ones. Allah Ta’ala then punishes him with disgrace and humiliation. On the other hand, when Allah Ta’ala desires to hide someone's faults and sins, He helps him not to speak of the faults of faulty ones. And when He desires to favor us with good, He makes us incline towards sighing and crying in front of Him.
Blessed are those eyes which cry in front of that truly Beloved.
Blessed is that heart which is broiled in His Love.
Where there is flowing water, greenery springs and where tears flow, there Allah Ta’ala's garden blooms."
The Hadith teaches us that there are two drops which are very much loved by Allah Ta’ala: The drop of tear that is shed for fear of Allah Ta’ala and the drop of blood that is shed in the path of Allah Ta’ala.
"When he repented from his courage for committing sins,
Rasulullah Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam granted him pardon.
If you desire Allah Ta’ala's mercy, then grant pardon For him who begs pardon from you.
And if you seek the Mercy of Allah Ta’ala, Then first show mercy to the weak. "
Source: Ma’aarif-e-Mathnawi - By Hakeem Muhammad Akhtar Saheb Rahmatullahi Alaih
200 Statements of Hadhrat Maseehul Ummat Moulana Maseehullah Khan Sahib (RA)
51) In permissible worldly matters contentment should be dominant.
52) Be obsessed with Tableegh (propagation), Ta'leem (imparting knowledge), and Tadrees (academic teaching).
53) Rectification of the niyyat is necessary for the niyyat of rectification. (That is, in order to have an intention of islaah when stepping onto the . Path of Tasawwuf, it is incumbent that your initial intention be proper and correct. This results in sincerity of quest.)
54) In some people signs of perfection are noticed whilst they are still in the initial stages of Tasawwuf.
55) The perfection of tauba is necessary.
56) The reality of tauba is remorse.
57) Zikr of Allah should be made with an intention of gaining the Love of Allah.
58) Youth should reflect on the Wrath and Might of Allah Ta'ala. This will make fear for Allah Ta'aala predominant in their hearts, thus saving them from disobedience.)
59) The sick and weak should allow Hope in Allah to dominate their lives.
60) While staying in this world one should have a yearning for the hereafter.
Compiled by: Hadhrat Moulana Muhammad Farooq Sahib Rahimahullahu
15. It is mentioned in a Hadith that the one who makes a proper and complete wudu and offers two rakaats of salaat without forgetting or missing out anything in it, then in lieu of these two rakaats, Allah Ta'ala will forgive all his previous sins. (Narrated by Ahmad, Abu Daud, and Haakim)
It is possible and easy to offer two rakaats of salaat in which there is no mistake or forgetfulness. The object is that there must be no negligence or carelessness. Most mistakes occur because of negligence.
16. It is mentioned in a Hadith that the salaat of a man and a woman creates illumination. Whoever wishes, should try and illuminate his heart.
17. It is mentioned in a Hadith that from among all the things that Allah Ta'ala made fard, there is nothing more virtuous in His sight than tauheed and salaat. If there was anything more virtuous, He would have made it fard on the angels. Among the angels, there are those who are in ruku and those who are in sajdah.
In other words, since the angels are the close servants of Allah Ta'ala, and since they only have the capability of making His ibaadah which gives them a special affiliation to ibaadah, if there was anything superior to salaat, He would have made it fard upon them. We also learn from this Hadith that the entire form of salaat that is fard upon us, is not fard on the angels. Instead, certain aspects of that salaat have been made fard on certain angels. How fortunate are we that those valuable aspects of salaat which have been distributed among the angels have been given to us in their entirety. We have to value this great favour upon us.
18. Hadrat Anas radiallahu anhu reports that Rasulullah sallallahu alayhi wa sallam said: "Remember death when offering salaat because when a person remembers death in his salaat, it is most likely that he will offer it in the proper manner. Offer your salaat like the person who feels that this will be his last salaat. And save yourself from such actions which you will h ave to regret later on. " (Narrated by Daylami)
19. It is mentioned in a Hadith that the best salaat is that in which one stands for a very long time. That is, his recitation of the Quran is very lengthy.
20. It is mentioned in a Hadith that the salaat in which there is no humility is not complete. In the Hadith, the word "takhash'sha'a" has been translated as humility. The original meaning is tranquility. However, since tranquility in salaat cannot be attained without humility, it has therefore been translated as humility. Furthermore, this is a more popular meaning.
Tranquility cannot be attained without humility because a person who stands and sits without any fear or dread cannot stop himself from looking around him. He will be free to shift and shuffle about. But once there is humility, he will offer his salaat with respect - without looking about.
21. It is reported from Hadrat Ali radiallahu anhu that the last words of Rasulullah sallallahu alayhi wa sallam were: "Give due importance to salaat and fear Allah with regards to the male and female slaves."
These two matters are so important that Rasulullah sallallahu alayhi wa sallam mentioned them when he was about to leave this world. This is because people are very neglectful of salaat. They also impose difficulties on those who are under their control (i.e. their slaves, servants, wives, children) and think nothing of it. Muslims should be extremely cautious in this regard.
Hadrat Mansur bin Zaazaan rahmatullahi alayh
Some of the pious servants of Allah Ta'ala had extreme love and desire for offering salaat. It is mentioned that Hadrat Mansur bin Zaazaan rahmatullahi alayh, a taabi'ee, used to offer salaat from sunrise until the time of asr. It is obvious that there are only two fard salaats in this period, i.e. zuhr and asr, and that all the other salaats that he offered were nafl salaats. After the asr salaat, he used to recite Sub'haanallah until the time of maghrib salaat. Thereafter, he used to offer his maghrib salaat.
His condition was such that if he was told that the angel of death is waiting at the door for him, he could not increase his deeds in any way. (In other words, he could not increase his Deeni actions on the approach of death because only that person who is unmindful of death and who does not occupy his entire time in the remembrance of Allah Ta'ala can increase his deeds. When he perceives the nearness of death he will hasten towards doing good deeds. As for him who does not have any spare time, who spends all his time in the remembrance of Allah Ta'ala, and who regards death as being next to him all the time - how can he increase his good deeds! This person was also a great aalim and many great ulama studied Hadith under him.
Hadrat Mansur bin al-Mu'tamir rahmatullahi alayh
Hadrat Mansur bin al-Mu'tamir who was also a taabi'ee, was also a great aalim and pious person. It is reported about him that he continued fasting during the day and remained awake at night for a period of forty years. He used to spend the entire night weeping out of fear for the punishment of sins. When anyone observed him offering his salaat, they felt that he was about to die (i.e. he used to lament and cry profusely in his salaat and offer it will full concentration).
In the morning he used to apply surmah to his eyes, moisten his lips and apply oil to his head. On seeing him thus, his mother used to ask him: "Did you kill someone that you are adopting this appearance?" (i.e. why are you changing the appearance which results from making ibaadah and crying at night?) He used to reply: "I am fully aware of that which my soul has done." (In other words, my soul desires or there is a possibility of it desiring that I become famous and that people come to know of my ibaadah. People will regard me as a very pious person, they will look at my appearance and confirm that I had been engaging myself in ibaadah.
Alternatively, this could mean that my soul did not make ibaadah in the proper manner. So how can it be considered when my appearance portrays that I was engaged in ibaadah. When people will look at me, they will be deluded into thinking that I am a great saint when in reality I am not so. I therefore change my appearance.) Due to his abundant crying, his eye-sight became weak. The leader of Iraq called for him in order to appoint him as a judge over Kufah. However, he rejected this offer. Because of his refusal, he was enchained but was later set free. Others have narrated that he remained a judge for two months out of compulsion. (Both these incidents are mentioned in Tazkiratul Huffaaz, volume one.)
Dear brothers! Ponder over this pious person. How much love he had for ibaadah and how he loathed the world! Without even asking for this governmental position and without even making any effort for it, and something which is a source of honour and enormous income and something which people strive for greatly - he did not even tum an eye towards it and preferred being enchained. Muslims ought to be like this - they should only make the necessary arrangements for their food and clothing and spend the rest of their time in the remembrance of Allah Ta'ala – Subhaanallah!
THE BEGINNING OF HADHRAT ABDULLAAH BIN MAS`OOD`S RADIALLAHU ANHU DAY
The beginning of Hadhrat Abdullaah bin Mas`ood`s Radiallahu Anhu day Hadhrat Abu Waa’il Radiallahu Anhu narrates that one day after performing Fajr Salaah he came to visit Hadhrat Abdullaah bin Mas’ood Radiallahu Anhu and when they sought permission to enter, Hadhrat Abdullaah bin Mas’ood Radiallahu Anhu immediately granted them permission.
Hadhrat Abu Waa’il Radiallahu Anhu says, “I thought to myself, let me wait a while before entering so that the ladies of the house can sort themselves out Radiallahu Anhu lest they were attending to some chores).”
Just then Hadhrat Abdullaah bin Mas’ood Radiallahu Anhu came to the door while reciting Tasbeeh and said to him, “Perhaps you might have thought that we would be neglectful of our duties (to Allaah) at this hour, (but you were wrong and all are engaged in the worship of Allaah).”
He then called his slave and enquired from her if the sun had risen and she replied that it had not. When he asked her the third time she replied that the sun had indeed risen. As soon as Hadhrat Abdullaah bin Mas’ood Radiallahu Anhu heard this he recited, “All praise belongs to Allaah who has awarded us this day and forgiven all our shortcomings in it (because then only is it possible for us to see another day).” The narrator adds, “And I think he also said, “And has not punished us with the fire of Jahannam).”
The Jamiatul-Ulama Gauteng is not a fund raising organization. When depositiong funds, make us your unfettered “Wakeel”. If you are depositing Zakaat, do please ensure that a few extra Rands are deposited in order to offset bank charges.
8 Jamadith-thaani 1440 13 February 2019
Zakaat Nisaab: R 4639,83 Mahr Fatimi: R 11597,57 Minimum Mahr: R 231,59
8Jamadith-thaani 1440 13 February 2019
Sayyiduna Thawban Radiallahu Anhu reported:
"When the verses about gold and silver were revealed, they said, 'What kind of wealth should we acquire?' Umar Radiallahu Anhu said, 'I will find out for you.' He rode on his camel until he caught up to Rasulullah Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam, I followed him. Umar Radiallahu Anhu said, 'O Messenger of Allah, what kind of wealth should we acquire?' Rasulullah Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam said, 'You should acquire a grateful heart, a tongue that makes the zikr of Allah Taàlah, and a believing wife to help you in the matters of the Hereafter.' "